Horse fly flies are very common throughout the US. They breed in stagnant water and feed off of decaying organic matter. Horse fly flies can carry diseases like West Nile Virus, Ehrlichia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
Horse fly flies are usually found near streams and ponds. They also lay eggs in manure piles. To control these pests, you need to apply horse fly spray. It is made up of natural ingredients that will control the population of these flies.
What Are Horse Flies?
Horse flies are small insects that belong to the family Tabanidae. They are related to mosquitoes and black flies. They look similar to mosquitoes, but they are not considered dangerous.
Horse flies feed on blood and also cause irritation to the skin. They are mostly found in tropical and subtropical regions.
What Are Horsefly Sprays?
Horsefly spray is an effective natural horsefly repellent. It works by releasing a strong smell that repels the insect. You can buy horsefly spray online or in a local store. It comes in aerosol cans and liquid form.
What Ingredients Are In Horse Fly Spray?
A horse fly spray should contain an oil based substance that will be effective against the horse fly. The product should contain a mixture of insecticidal oils. These oils are highly concentrated and will kill the flies.
The ingredients in a horse fly spray should be able to break down the fly’s exoskeleton so that the body fluids can get inside. The ingredients must also be safe for humans and animals.
The most common horse fly spray contains the following ingredients:
- Petroleum jelly
- Ethyl alcohol
- Almond extract
- Sodium borate
- Benzyl alcohol
- Citric acid
- Hydrogen peroxide
How To Use Horse Fly Spray?
To use horsefly spray, you can either pour it directly onto the area you are trying to protect or spray it directly on your clothing.
Use the following steps to use horsefly spray:
- Open the can and remove the protective cap.
- Spray the entire area you want to protect.
- Let the spray air dry.
- Repeat the spraying process until you are satisfied.
- Put on clothing that has been sprayed with the horsefly repellent and hang it outside or in a ventilated area.
- If you are outside, keep a watchful eye on your horseflies.
- Keep spraying until you see no more horseflies.
- Wash your hands and clothes before coming inside.
- Best Fly Spray For Horses
- Best Equine Massage Guns Reviews And Buyer Guide
- Best Horse Calming Paste: A Guide To Calming Your Horse
- 5 Best Summer Horse Riding Gloves 2022
- 5 Best Horse Blanket Waterproofing 2022
- Is There A Fly Spray That Actually Works?